Sunday, April 30, 2017

Don't give them the attention...


Give me a break. I understand the ADL's mission, and Cernovich is... well, if you don't  have anything nice to say.....  

My point is, it's called an "OK" sign. This hypersensitivity and speech policing is insane, and plays right into the hands of fringe-types:

Step 1: Be racist/sexist jerks.
Step 2: Frequently use some otherwise benign symbol.
Step 3: Wait for folks on the other end of the spectrum to react to what appears to 85% of people to be completely harmless.
Step 4: Watch the media pick it up as a "story".
Step 5: Enjoy the backlash created as those who value free speech point out the absurdity of the symbol interpretation and the danger posed by policing speech.

Free publicity is free publicity.  I thought last year's election cycle (in which the loser spent a quarter of a billion dollars more than the winners) taught all of us that lesson.

And yes, I realize blogging about it sort of undermines my point of not giving these people attention, but only to the extent my blog is actually read.  :)



http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/white-power-hand-symbol-cassandra-fairbanks-mike-cernovich-alt-right-white-house-a7709446.html

No comments: